Sunday, January 26, 2014

Crochet Necklace/Bracelet #2


Purple
Embroidery Floss
with Purple Seed
Beads & Charm
I wanted to showcase some more of my crochet embroidery necklace/bracelet.  I have always found it challenging for me using the thinner crochet hook that is meant for the ever so thin yarn or thread.  Here I actually didn’t find it so challenging.  Especially because the yarn wasn’t that super thin. 

I have mentioned this before but I will mention it again, here I took some crocheting thread , hemp or embroidery floss (the link will give you an idea of what I am talking about however, I purchased my first pack at AC Moore) and crochet them with beads to wear in a necklace or bracelet.  You do need to string your beads through it first before you start to crochet.  Remember the end product should be the length you want it to be so that you are able to wrap it around your wrist where it’s not super tight on you and yet still be able to wear it as a necklace ( am able to wrap mine around my neck twice but prefer to wear it like a lariat).
 

So you can use any light weight yarn (get the yarn type from Aunt Lydia’s and/or the embroidery floss that you can use to make friendship bracelets) crochet hook that will work for with the yarn, seed beads, a charm and/or a button.

Natural Hemp with
 Red Seed Beads & Red Button
To string your beads (6/0 size seed beads) use a regular needle that will fit the beads together with the thread or yarn.  Now string the beads all the way through the thread (I used about 100 give or take) and then start to crochet away.  The entire thing is all the same simple stitch…single crochet.  So for me I would crochet 3 sc and slip a bead through then continue with the same thing til I got through all my beads.
 
When you get it to the desire length you want you crochet a hoop and close it off (like a slip stitch) and attach your button or pretty bead to the other end and close it off.  Now you have a duo purpose necklace bracelet. These are fun to make try it! I enjoy wearing these in the summer where I can dress it up with another necklace to add more pizzazz to it.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment