Saturday, February 1, 2014

Ponchos #2

Crochet Poncho
(color: Country Blue
by Red Heart Yarn)
I am not very good at making crochet ‘clothing’ per say but there is something about crocheting a poncho that I enjoy making.  I guess it’s because I am not intimidated by the actual fact that in a way it is clothing. 

Crochet Poncho
(color: Honey
by Red Heart Yarn)
I have only made a few but overall I am very comfortable making them.  All of my ponchos are (for now) made in the same stitch.  I do 5 single crochets and connect on the 4th stitch and I continue doing this until I have the desired length I want.  Basically my stitch patter ends up looking like a diamond pattern.
I also found that (for me) the finish product which is an asymmetrical style is what I liked making.  It has sass to it J.  I make them all to measure approximately 34wX32L.  They are all hand crochet with 100% acrylic yarn. 

Wear something like this when it’s not too cold where you can show off the style with whatever you decide to put underneath it (cute top and jeans or a maxi dress with sandals). 

No comments:

Post a Comment