Saturday, January 25, 2014

Phone Charm


So everyone has a cool looking phone small or big – right? Why not make them look fabulous as you are?  You see for me if you give me a reason to use my beads and charms I will.  So recently I saw something at one of the mall kiosk that I thought was just cute and exactly what I was looking for in using my leftover components!  Phone earphone jack (or plugs) with beads and charms.
Phone Charm
purple glass beads

So I said to myself ‘I have so many extra beads and charms…why not make something like this?’ Not to mention again here is another way of utilizing your leftover beads. So off I went that same day to my studio and started to sort through a lot of my really nice beads and charms and went to creativity town! Sort of speak.  I first put them all on my work table on a piece of cloth and would just try to come up with really nice simple yet make a statement design for my phone. 
Phone Charm
green glass beads
I used the following:

-headpins (straight)
-eye pins
-jump rings
-beads
-charm
-round nose pliers
-phone plug (I purchased online via Amazon.com)
-side cutter pliers


I would connect my charm with a jump ring to the bottom of my eye pin, then once that was secure I would string 2 or 3 small beads (get the shiniest one!!) through the eye pin.  Cut off enough of the pin for you to use your round nose plier to bend the head-pin 90º.  Once you have bent it connect it to the jump ring that’s on the plug and you’re all done!

Once you are all done you have a pretty charm to connect to your phone that not only will it look cute but it will also keep the dust out for that part of your phone.  These will fit most smartphones.

Visit Yolanda's Creations on: Facebook -  Pinterest   - Twitter  - Instagram  - Ravelry or Online shop

No comments:

Post a Comment