Thursday, July 23, 2015

Lightweight Crochet Ponchos

yolandascreations.storenvy.com
crochet asymmetrical poncho
I started crocheting ponchos about 3 years ago.  I had mentioned before that this creation started off as a cowl idea and then walla it turned into a asymmetrical poncho.

I don't know about you but sometimes when I am crocheting I have one thing in mind and I end up with something else and sometimes it’s on purpose.

I have made some recently that are in a super lightweight yarn and super soft.  I found that making it in a bigger stitch pattern (all of these are made in a chain stitch pattern) would make  it airy and lightweight.  My first one I made for myself because I only had one skein of yarn so I wanted to see how long I could get it be in this pattern. I totally love it and it's still in an asymmetrical pattern but short.  I have received so many compliments on this piece.  So after seeing what I could do in this pattern and with one skein of yarn I decided to make one more in white.  The yarn I am talking about is Caron Simply Soft

I also decided to create another one using this fabulous yarn that is super soft by Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable.  This one definitely made my cut for super soft yarn.  However, this lightweight poncho I used 2 skeins of this yarn to make these.  These are made to fall right at the waist (unlike my first ones which go mid-thigh).

Anyway, I hope you like my creations here because all of them are created in the same style…asymmetrical. 
These ponchos are so cute you can wear it with a cute t-shirt and jeans or a cute maxi dress and boots or even sandals…at least that’s what I have done in the past when it’s not too cold. 
Follow, Share, Like on: Facebook  Pinterest  Twitter  Instagram  Ravelry Online shop 

No comments:

Post a Comment