Thursday, July 16, 2015

Hello Sunshine and more...

yolandascreations.storenvy.com
crochet shawl
(color: lemon)
I love how the color yellow looks ...it comes in a variety of shades and tones.  I personally like this yellow (lemon by Red Heart Yarn) that I got at my local Michaels store awhile back.

It's soft and just the right shade of yellow.  Mind you I know a lot of people have said the acrylic yarn is a bit 'cheap'...let me tell you something...no it's not! It all depends on what you are making and what it will be used for. 

Think about it if your making a pair of slippers ok then use the roughest acrylic if that fancy's you...but for something like this shawl/wrap that I made I did use Red Heart Super Saver and it was super soft. It could also be that the chain stitch pattern I used helped it stay soft and  airy.

crochet pacifier clip
(color: sunshine yellow)
Anyway, I also love to use the Sunshine Yellow cotton yarn by Lily Sugar'n Cream Solid Yarn. It's so bright and cheerful.  Again, trying to use different texture yarns and the same yellow family is awesome. 

If making something in a pretty yellow doesn't make you smile...well I don't know what to tell you 😉 but I will say this much...smile as you make your creations I feel it gives your creation a positive energy of nothing but smiles.

Follow me and my blog...help local small businesses make a difference.

Follow, Share, Like on: Facebook  Pinterest  Twitter  Instagram  Ravelry Online shop
 


No comments:

Post a Comment