Saturday, February 22, 2014

Crochet Shawl #2

white crochet shawl
with wooden shawl pin
I just finished this pretty crochet shawl in white.  I used Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice, 100% acrylic yarn.  I used the same technique as before - 5 single crochet connect on the 4 and continue this same patter all the way until I reached my desired length.  These are a self-shaping rectangle shawl which can be worn thick and warm for winter or delicate and lacy for a summer evening.  
white crochet shawl

Remember to make these it will take about 5-6 skeins of yarn and they will all measure approximately 52Lx14W. 
You definitely can machine wash it in cold water and line dry or if you prefer the drier put it in for a very short period.
I also would dress it up with a wooden shawl pin.  All of mine I purchased at Lion Brand Yarn.  You can get them pretty much anywhere but I liked the ones I saw here and got most of mine are from LB.

I know I said I would add fringes at the end when I would finish my next one but I didn’t do it this time (I know!!).

These are perfect for gifts ...  It’s simple and practical and just pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment