Monday, February 3, 2014

Chocolate Chip Swirl Muffin by Yolanda's Kitchen Creations

I tend to bake when I am off from work.  I start to look through my pantry hmm what can I bake today? 

So I decided to make a chocolate chip swirl muffin off a Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Swirl Quick Bread box mix.  Yes I decided to make it in a muffin instead of making it in a loaf pan. 

Chocolate Chip Swirl Muffin
So I followed the instructions that were on the box and poured the mix into my jumbo muffin tin.  I used muffin tin liners and did exactly what the instructions stated which was to pour half into the pan and put the chocolate chip mixture in the middle and then fill it again until it was covered.  Once your pour the cake batter on top put more of the chocolate chip mixture on the top.

I gauged the time on how long it would take since the box showed time to bake for a loaf or brownie pan.  So I decided lets watch it at 25 minutes and see if they need more time.  Well I am glad I picked 25 minutes because that's exactly how long it took.

Once they were out of the oven I took out a tub of white whipped frosting took a tablespoon of that and put it in a microwaveable bowl for 8 seconds.  This way it would be more of a drizzle then a frosting.  I would drizzle the frosting and then sprinkle more of the chocolate chip mixture on top of it.

I am surprised it came out great as a muffin since I have never made this before as a muffin only as a loaf.  So here it is...try it with all the other ones they have. YUM! 

No comments:

Post a Comment