Monday, January 20, 2014

Statement Necklaces

The latest trend I have noticed are statement necklaces.  Funny that that’s considered a trend now…it’s always been a classic (to me).  You wear something that makes a statement – in a necklace! Yes a necklace!

I have always been a fan of your jewelry sayng something not something being said of your jewelry (in a bad way).  You always want your necklace to say something beautiful that compliments your outfit, your face, your shoes etc.
Here is one of my versions of a statement necklace.  It’s made with one of my favorite components antique metal which I actually purchased in the clearance section at Michaels.  I also added some pieces that were leftover (orphan beads as they call them) to these pieces.  The other piece is from an old necklace (upcycle) that I had in a box.  It needed to be bought back to life. So I did, I added new gold plated rings and chains and now I think it has a new purpose.  I do go through a lot of my old pieces and give them a new life. You'd be surprised what you can take that is old and not used and repurpose the pieces for a totally new look and design.

To me a statement necklace should be something that copliments you all the time…make it pretty, make it be you!

No comments:

Post a Comment