Friday, January 10, 2014

Cranberry Orange Muffins by Yolanda’s Kitchen Creations

So here is a recipe that I decided to make recently.  It’s one of my favorite flavors cranberry orange muffins. However I decided to make it using a cake box mix that I had.   

I have always made cranberry orange muffins from scratch but I wanted to use up one of my cake mix boxes.  My thought was I know if I make this it will be more like a cupcake not a muffin.  So I had to figure out how much flour I had to add and while I was doing this I would mix it to see the consistency it would have (I wanted it to be a thick batter).  It ended up being that I needed to add 1 cup of flour and it worked out.    There is just something about making muffins that I love …especially when you can freeze them and take them out when you want to eat one.

I made this recipe to make 6 jumbo muffins instead of making 12 regular muffins.

I love to embellish all of my baking so try this recipe with possibly vanilla frosting drizzled on top (not too much just enough to give it that WOW look).

Ingredients

1 cup of skim milk
¼ cup of vegetable oil
1 cup of dry cranberries
3 eggs
1 cup of all-purpose flour
1 box of yellow cake mix (I used Duncan Hines Butter)
½ teaspoon McCormick ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon McCormick ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon McCormick orange extract
½ teaspoon McCormick orange peel
1 box of Jell-O instant vanilla pudding
½ cup of brown sugar
½ cup of regular sugar
½ cup of Duncan Hines Vanilla Frosting

1.       Heat the oven 350F
2.       Spray the muffin tin with baking spray
3.       Beat milk, oil, egg, vanilla and orange extracts with a fork.
4.       In another bowl mix all the dry ingredients
5.       Mix wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients
6.       Add cranberries and fold gently
7.       Pour batter into the tin
8.       Sprinkle brown/regular sugars on the top of each muffin (optional)
9.       Bake for 35-40 minutes (depending on your oven).  After 25 min check with a toothpick to see if
         they are almost done.
10.   Immediately remove when they are done and let them cool down.
11.   Take your frosting and scoop some into a microwavable bowl and microwave it till it’s just
        about creamy to drizzle (I did mine for 12 seconds).

Enjoy with a nice cup of coffee in the morning or a snack with milk in the evening!







No comments:

Post a Comment