Monday, November 4, 2013

Crochet Cowls...

You know you see a lot of ideas when you look at magazines, online, shopping etc.  And I can tell you that this idea came from my friend one day when she said she would buy a cowl from me if I made them.  See here’s the thing…back then I had never heard of a cowl.  So when she showed me one she had but it wasn’t crochet or even knitted if was made of fabric I instantly said most definitely I can make one for her (and then some more).

So these here that I am showing you are not extremely long they were made to place on your head like a hat but the rest would drape your shoulders or you could wear it around your shoulders.  I haven’t venture since making these into making them longer so that they can go around twice or three times but you could make these go at least twice around your head.
 
I do plan on making more since several people have admired and received or purchased some from me.  I need be in the mood to make one of these.  My stitch pattern was simple it was a single crochet  (5 sc) and connect and I did this all the way around til I got to the width I wanted and continue in a circle. Ultimately the pattern will look like a diamond pattern if that makes sense (I hope).

I will tell you if you want to make one of these I suggest purchasing the Pound of Love yarn by Caron One Pound or even Red Heart Super Saver Jumbo.  I say this because it’s one big skein of yarn and you can get one of these done with just this one skein.  Other than that you definitely can do it with regular skeins however you might need (depending of the stitch you use) at 4 skeins of yarn.
 
Have fun making these…again keep in mind my stitch patterns are simple because I am pretty much self-taught on a lot of this.  Be adventuress.


No comments:

Post a Comment