Friday, November 1, 2013

Yolanda's Kitchen Creations...Baked Donuts

Cinnamon Donuts

I was on Pinterest one day and came across someone pinning a picture of baked donuts.  All sorts of donuts were in this pin…they looked so good.  So I was like wait a minute I thought all donuts were fried.  This is great baked donuts…I love to bake so of course I went online to Amazon and purchased a donut pan to make my own donuts.  I could not wait for this pan to come in so I can bake these donuts.
So once I received my pan I went to baking…yum yum! So I found a very simple recipe for cinnamon donuts and went with that recipe.  These don’t take much to bake in the oven unlike your regular cakes that take 30 minutes or so…you need to try making baked donuts!

Here are the ingredients I used:
1 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup regular milk or buttermilk
3 eggs
1 tablespoon honey (optional)
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 bowls
Baking spray
1 tub of vanilla frosting

 
Here’s what I did:
1.    Preheat your oven 400 degrees F (200 degrees C)
2.    Lightly spray/grease your donut baking pan
3.    In one bowl mix the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and flour
4.    In another bowl mix the milk, eggs, honey and butter
5.    Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients
6.    Spoon the mixture onto the donut pan
7.    Bake 12 minutes until golden brown

Once the donuts are baked let them cool off on a cooling rack.  Take a small bowl and scoop some frosting into the bowl add a little bit of cinnamon and microwave for like 6 seconds you want it to be almost runny but not too runny.  Drizzle the cinnamon frosting onto the donuts.  You can also just add cinnamon and sugar in a bowl and drizzle to donuts with a little bit of melted butter and roll them in the sugar mixture.
 
They will stay fresh for a good 2-3 days so eat them while they are fresh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment