Thursday, October 31, 2013

Crochet Skinny Scarf...

color:Torqua
acrylic yarn
So a while ago I started making these to give as gifts for the holidays.  I have a lot of nieces and this was one item that I figured hey I can make quickly and make several and give as gifts (along with some jewelry that I made).

green fleck
acrylic yarn
 
I even saw on line someone had crochet these beautiful flower skinny scarves and I was so intrigued by it that I made some of those.  Again, not knowing exactly how this person made them I just tried to improvise.  The one I saw online was no where near what I created but hey that’s why I consider myself to be a  freestyle crocheterJ.

The ones I made with flowers I used the Aunt Lydia’s #3 thread to crochet with.  I purchased all of my colors from JoAnn’s Fabric eventually but my first couple which you see here I purchased from AC Moore.  I made these in simple flower patterns and sewed them each by hand.  I actually enjoyed making these crocheted skinny scarf because you can actually wear it almost like a necklace and it’s delicate and feminine.  I totally feel it adds versatility to your spring or summer wardrobe even in the fall.  I did make some in the Sugar and Cream Cotton yarn (the one shown is called Robins Egg) as well and you know something these you can always find at AC Moore or Michaels whatever is convenient for you to go and shop at.


color: Robins Egg
 cotton yarn
The long crocheted scarves measure about 70" long. I also made a few with a soft 100% acrylic yarn (Frosty Green Fleck and Torqua is by Red Heart).

I always say you know if you know that someone loves to accessorize why not give them little tokens like this sort of scarf? It will go a long way…have fun crocheting!

Oh and BTW I recommended to hand wash in mild detergent and lay flat to dry.

                                

No comments:

Post a Comment