Sunday, October 20, 2013

Crochet baby booties

crochet blue & white
booties
So I know I have mentioned before that I am not that good at making baby items – my mother is though.  So one day I decided you know I needed to figure out something when it came down to baby footwear.

And I did!  I actually was good at making Mary Jane Booties/Shoes.  My mother would make for me the newborn booties and from then on I was getting more comfortable in making the ‘shoe’ ones but not the newborn ones (yet).  I don’t know there is just something about tiny things and using the thinnest crochet hook to make these…OMG I don’t know why but I still cant' get it.  So I would then commission my mom to make the tiny ones and I would continue to make the regular MJ booties.  So just a little info on all of these shown (and the ones to come) they are all made with 100% acrylic yarn (regular or baby yarn) of which I purchased at AC Moore.  The ribbon and buttons I also purchased from the same store.

crochet pink with white
booties



So I hope you like these…remember (if I haven’t said this before)…I don’t really write down a lot of what and how I crochet I would say I am like a freestyle crocheter if there is such a thing.  I crochet designs as I go.  So please don’t be upset with me if I don’t at times write down how I made something.  J


crochet brown & pink
mary jane shoes

 


No comments:

Post a Comment