Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Crochet Ipad caddies/covers

crochet Ipad cover
black with white
Here’s a little story on how I started to make these and why…

My husband is a huge Apple/MAC person.  When I met him that is all he used…no PC in site.  So when he purchased his Ipad I immediately was like well now that there is one in the house I have something to go by on measurements etc. to crochet a cover for it.  He didn't want one for himself (he's a guy!!). Don’t get me wrong I could have just simply used the measurements that I would find online but there is nothing like actually having one in your hand to play with when crocheting a caddie or cover for it.



crochet Ipad cover
olive green
So the first one I made was in black cotton yarn of which of course I dazzled it with little white crochet flowers and I sewed buttons on it for closure.  I then as always do with new creations of mine keep making more in different colors.  When I did find was that I actually preferred making them in cotton yarn at first – something about how sturdy they held their shape. 

crochet Ipad cover
agua blue

So here are few others that I have made …I totally love making these. Keep in mind you can always get your standard covers from the store but you can also get one of these as well of which they too will protect your Ipad from scratches and dust and they are so cute!

All of my caddies are crocheted in the same 1/2 double crochet which results in a dense style. I always suggest to hand wash when needed but you can definitely machine wash and line dry preferably.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment