Friday, September 6, 2013

Crochet Cowls

Crochet 1/2 Cowl/Shawl
color: taupe twists
These crochet creation came to me when someone at my previous job mentioned that she loved wearing cowls.  Now mind you I had no idea what this was! So as mentioned in my previous posts if something can be crocheted and I have no idea how or what it is I will find out.

Crochet Round Cowl
color: earth & sky
So I ventured to finding out what this was.  Totally fell in love with the concept and idea of making these and of course I can never just make one I made several.  And with anything it takes several to get several done right.  You can't imagine how many times I would start one and it wasn't the right size and I would take it apart and start all over.  Once I got the hang of it well then it was off to the races making them in several colors and styles.

I personally like the one with the shawl pin and yet the other style is pretty unique as well because you can wear it around your neck and shoulders or over your head.  So each person has it's own style to pick from.

The ones that I made that are one piece (round) these I crocheted in a single stitch (which is the blue one, acrylic yarn, color: earth & sky by Red Heart)   or the popcorn stitch (which is the 1/2 cowl one that you see here; acrylic yarn, chunky yarn by Bernat, color: taupe twists) both types of yarn purchased at AC Moore).

Stay tune for more of these ...we need to look fabulous and stay warm for the Fall and Winter this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment