Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Chocolate Cake Pops...

Here is something that I enjoy making especially since I don’t feel so guilty eat 3 at the most. J

I purchased a few months ago the Baby Cakes cake pop maker.  Let me tell you if you have seen this product.  It’s awesome.  I totally love making cake with this.  Especially since it makes them quick.  Don’t get me wrong to make one batch out of a cake mix box takes at least 30 minutes.  But each batch is quick. Literally 4-5 minutes per batch. 
I did make one recipe off the recipes that they provided in the box but wanted to make it from a cake mix box.  I did go onto their webpage to see if anyone had any questions on using the cake mix box and there was.  So this was good because I followed that persons tips and it worked for me.  Here is what you do:
Plug your cake pop maker in so that it is ready for you…you will know the ready light will click on when it’s ready.

Mix your cake mix box (here I used Duncan Hines Devil’s Chocolate) except replace the 1 cup of oil with 1 cup of milk.  Use the 3 eggs it calls for from the box and mix away.  It should be a thick consistency.
I used a teaspoon to scoop my mix into the wells of the maker.  Trust me you don’t need more than that to fill each well.  Cover the cake pop maker and set a timer for 4 minutes …open the maker and use a toothpick to check one or three to make sure they come out clean.  If they don’t then close the cake pop maker for about another minute.  Don’t let it go too long or they will burn.  Then use the fork they provide to pop them out.

I put them on the side on wax paper and let them cool off and then drizzled Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Frosting one them. 
These little things were so light and tasty.  I will let you know when I make more!

No comments:

Post a Comment