Monday, August 12, 2013

Rings galore


silver plated round beads
(stacked)
Here I am showing you some of my coolest , cute and funky rings that I created either from  buttons or beads.  My creations evolve from a variety of techniques and materials. 
faux pearl button ring

I first started making the stretch rings with small seed beads or just any bead that I can string and still look nice in a ring formation.  Then I evolved to making them with ring bases (silver plated and/or gold plated of which I have purchased through Amazon.com) with either button covers in which I would covered with fabric pieces that I had. 
I have even made my rings off of old earrings or pins that I would repurpose. I believe that you can repurpose a lot of things if you just use your imagination you’d be surprise what you can make from things you already have.
repurposed ring gold plated
faux pearl
Now let me quickly explain the process on doing the repurpose ring.  Find an earring that you don't use or want to wear but you know it would look fabulous as a ring.  Now remove the post (the little stick that goes into your ear) .  You might need a file to file down the stem part just in case it's not totally flat.  Get yourself a really good jewelry bonding glue (E6000) which you can pretty much get a Joann's, AC Moore or Michaels.  You don't need a lot of this glue trust me it's very good glue and it will adhere your ring base to your earring.
fabric covered button
Here with the fabric covered button this is a great thing to just have even if you are not going to make a ring but you want it for a button in a specific color and texture that you might not find at the store.   I use  button covers and you will have to remove the button hole metal piece in order for you to glue your ring base to the bottom of the button.  Now all depending on the width of the ring that you want to make that would be the button cover you would need to get.  I like to use the ones that are 1 inch wide and 1 1/2 inch wide.  You can add rhinestones on your rings especially the fabric ones or even the metal ones.  Just make sure you go with a thought in mind of what exactly you want to make.
Enjoy looking in your jewelry box and see what might be in there that you truly don't wear anymore that you might just want to repurpose and give it a new life.  I did!


 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment