Saturday, August 10, 2013

Wrapped Bangle Bracelet

Here you will see a bangle bracelet that I wrapped with just a simple ribbon.  Some of my bangles are either in the flat, dome or pentagon style shape. Mind you I learned that wrapping it with the thinnest ribbon ¼ (7mm) didn’t work for me no matter how tight I wrapped it around.  So I would just use the regular ribbon (3/8 or ¼ (6mm) and these would work for me well.

So I start off with a plan bangle bracelet plastic or wooden these here are made with both (2 ¾ diameter).  I got my wooden bracelet from DIY Bangle.com and the plastic ones well they are from all over the place (dollar store, Michaels, clothing store) wherever I would see a bracelet that I liked the style but didn’t care too much for the color I would immediately think of wrapping it with ribbon.
So I start off with the bracelet and I use glue dots (size 3/16 in clear) that I get from AC Moore or if you are like me and sometimes don't have time to drive to the store even Amazon has them online. So anyway, you apply one glue dots on the inside of the bracelet and attach the end of the ribbon there and I wrap the ribbon at least 3-4 times before applying another glue dot.  Trust me if  you do this tight enough around you really don't need that much in glue dots.  Go all the way around and when you get to the beginning where you started there you add at least 2-3 glue dots and connect.  I cut at least a 56 inch piece of ribbon and tie in where I started and ended the wrapping to give it a little bit more personality.  Try it!!
Now one thing I would not recommend is NOT wrapping it with a very light color i.e. yellow.  But hey if you still want to no problem (I personally have some in light colors I just make sure I take care of them). These I noticed you could see how dirty they became.  But hey you can always paint your DIY Bangles to match the yellow color or whatever light color you want (whohoo!!!). 

Now hear this you can even put rhinestones on them if you feel like it.  The creations are endless. Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment