Sunday, July 3, 2016

BohoChic Necklaces


I was at an outdoor event recently and was wearing one of my favorite  choker necklaces.  On more than one occasion I had customers asking me if I had anymore like the one I was wearing.  My 19 year old niece was with me and she even said to me that I had to make more in the color I had (the color I was wearing was an earthy tone amber color. 

www.yolandascreations.storenvy.comNow mind  you these are close to your neck because they are made with a memory wire (which I totally love love!!!) I think they look chic and sexy.  You can dress up your choker necklace or dress it down.  It all depends on what exactly you are looking in the look that you want to accomplish. 

Most of mine have always been done with seed beads (6/0) of which I have always purchased at my local AC Moore or you can go to any local craft store online to order these as well.  You can find these in a variety of colors and I always put a pretty charm or larger bead as the center piece.

These are just very nice to wear when you don’t want to wear a long necklace or you just want to wear something that says a lot with so little.

Be creative with these when making them and of course have fun with your beads.


Materials I use:
Memory wire
Memory wire cutter
Seed beads
Charm or larger bead for your center piece
Nose plier
Earring component to put your center piece charm on
Jump ring to connect your charm to

I always measure my memory wire around my neck to determine my size.  Most of time I just uncoil the wire and cut it when I see it's almost going around twice.


I use my nose pliers to bend one end so that the beads don't come off.  Here is a tip string a nice bead first this way you have something different on each end.

I string all my beads though and I keep measuring it around my neck just to make sure I am ring on the money for the center charm.  Once I have determined where my charm goes I string that in and then continue with the smaller beads until I get to the other end of my wire.


www.yolandascreations.storenvy.comOnce I am there I then measure one more time (at this point you might have about 2-3 inches of wire left and that's ok).  Once I check that the center piece and the choker necklace is where I want to go around my neck I then cut off the remainder of the wire with my memory wire cutter.

You are all done! Once you have made one for yourself you will know how much wire to cut this way you are not wasting too much wire.  Just keep in mind that depending on the size of the bead you might need that extra 2-3 inches of wire this is why I tend to cut extra to make sure I have room to play with my beads.

Follow, Share, Like on: Facebook  Pinterest  Twitter  Instagram  Ravelry Online shop 




No comments:

Post a Comment