Thursday, December 3, 2015

Crocheting and connecting...

I was taught how to crochet by my mother when I was a kid. I then left it alone for a super long time. I didn't pick it back up til about 6 or so years ago.  So with that said, I have self taught myself a lot the patterns I have created, some I have watched online but most on my own.

Sometimes learning things on your own you don't realize that there are certain techniques that you should do in order to have something come out right.  With that said, I discovered how to connect one skein of yarn to another to complete my projects.  

Infinity Scarf by Yolanda's Creations

I have never done it this way so I was totally excited when I came across this technique that I now do for most of my crocheting.  See I was taught you tie both ends into a knot and continue.  This was all great as long as no one saw the knot in your project. So for the most part you don't really see or know unless I show you where the knot is. This technique I discovered is called the Russian join. This was a great help to me when I bumped into it.  I actually ran into this on my Pinterest page/feeds.
Glad I did, cause now I show other people I know this is a great way to connect your skeins.

I also discovered that depending on the thickness of the yarn I couldn't really join them as they show online so for that I continue to knot them as I always have and inconspicuously hide it well.

Hey when in doubt research something you have been doing to see if there are new ways of doing it...I did!

Follow, Share, Like on: Facebook  Pinterest  Twitter  Instagram  Ravelry Online shop 

No comments:

Post a Comment