Thursday, December 24, 2015

Crochet Shawls

www.yolandascreations.storenvy.com
Crochet Shawl by Yolanda's Creations
Depending on your choice of style, this self-shaping rectangle shawl can be worked thick and warm for winter or delicate and lacy for a summer evening.  I started making these when I just feel in love with the way they could be worn and how they felt wrapped around me.
I have made others in the similar style but different colors and yarn.  Most of mine will measure approximately 52Lx14W.  It definitely will and can take about 5-6 skeins of yarn.
www.yolandascreations.storenvy.com
Crochet Shawl by Yolanda's Creations
Depending on the yarn type you to make your shawl I would say not to machine dry.  You definitely can machine wash it in cold water and line dry or if you prefer the drier put it in for a very short period.

I also would dress it up with a wooden shawl pin.  All of mine I purchased at Lion Brand Yarn.  You can get them pretty much anywhere but I liked the ones I saw here and got most of mine from LB.
You can add fringes at the ends if you want to add more character to your shawls…my next one will have those (currently my ponchos all have fringes).

These are perfect for gifts as well.  It’s simple and practical and just pretty! 

Follow, Share, Like on: Facebook  Pinterest  Twitter  Instagram  Ravelry Online shop 

No comments:

Post a Comment