Thursday, August 13, 2015

Crochet Necklace/Bracelet

crochet necklace bracelet,
color: rust thread
amber gold seed beads
Here is something very cute and dainty and I love making these! I love the fact that I can wear it as a necklace or as a wrap around bracelet.


Since I am trying to incorporate all of my talents into multiple uses here is one creation that did from embroidery thread and seed beads.

crochet necklace bracelet
color: agua blue
blue opague seed beads
I start off by stringing about 100 seed beads (using a needle to help string them) and if I plan on using a charm I will string that as well or if you forget to string the charm that is fine too just use a jump ring to secure it wherever you want afterwards.  Anyway, so string all your beads and crochet away.  I would crochet 3 single crochet and bring one of the beads and crochet that into my next stitch and I would continue to do this til I got to the length I wanted my necklace to be.  Now keep in mind this is what I did so that it can accommodate my wrist and the length I want for a necklace you do what you feel you want and need to accommodate what you want. 

Once I reached the length I wanted (which is approximately 20 inches long) I would then close it off by making a loop and I would attach my bead or button afterwards.  Remember when creating your loop you want to make sure whatever bead or button you want to use will fit through your loop.
Be creative with this idea…you can use hemp (which I did as well), embroidery thread, friendship thread, Aunt Lydia’s yarn (3ply) which is very thin (I used this as well)  FYI: with the Aunt Lydia’s yarn I found I could find more variety of color at Joann’s.  Most of my threads I purchased from AC Moore or Michaels.  

Follow me  on: Facebook  Pinterest  Twitter  Instagram  Ravelry Online shop
  

  







No comments:

Post a Comment