Monday, August 10, 2015

Landyards With A Style...

Recently I mentioned to you that I have ventured into crocheting with crocheting thread or in some cases with embroidery thread.

yolandascreations.storenvy.comI started making this cute crochet landyards with seeds beads.  Mind you the seed beads I used here are the 6/0 seed beads. I find these to work perfect for making these. They are light and are (for me at least) easy to maneuver with a crochet hook

So here's a little history on my thread- some of the packets of embroidery thread/ floss I got at Michaels and my crochet thread I got at AC Moore.  I suggest for the embroidery thread take it out of the small tube sleeves they are in and wind them in the little cards boards (floss bobbins) they sell at these stores for this type of thread..it just makes it easier trust me. Now once you have the crochet thread (the one from Aunt Lydia's) I like to wind this type it into a ball.

Now once you choose which one you are going to work on find a needle that will accommodate the size of the thread or floss and the seed beads. Start stringing 100 seed beads...yes 100,  now for me depending on how long you want your crochet landyards to be will determine how many beads you may need. Also, depending on your stitch patter it will determine if you will use all or few.  First chain 5  to create your circle. After you have made you circle loop now chain 1 bring up a bead chain 1 and repeat.
yolandascreations.storenvy.com
Keep double checking to make sure you are getting the length you want. Once your done single stitch or slip stitch and close your project up.


Happy crocheting!!! 

Follow me  on: Facebook  Pinterest  Twitter  Instagram  Ravelry Online shop


No comments:

Post a Comment