Monday, July 6, 2015

Even A Tee Can Be Dressed Up...

For as long as I can remember when I started making jewelry (way before crocheting) I made a collection of bracelets that I decided to just call t-shirt bracelets. They were a combo of 5/0 - 10/0 seed beads and a mixture of other glass beads to compliment the smaller beads.

www.yolandascreations.storenvy.comPeople would ask me why the name and I would tell them the story behind it. It was simple...one day my husband and I were getting ready to visit some friends for a bbq and I didn't have any accessory to go with this cute t-shirt he had gotten me that said in the front 'baby girl'..it was cute! Light pastel pink with a soft brown script writing and some silver glitter.  You can actually wear these as a single bracelet or stack them up with a variety of colors and textures. You can even wear them all year round!

So I quickly said to myself I need to make something quick - I felt naked without some sort of accessory - and I need promote what I am making so people can ask. I need to make something really quick to go with this cute tee.  Immediately I started to pick random beads that would compliment the colors and was stinging feverishly and I made not only a necklace but made some of these bracelets.

www.yolandascreations.storenvy.com
I tell you when I was done it was amazing how everything looked at the end. This is how I came up with this concept...I love to wear t-shirts on my casual days and if I can wear something  that will jazz up my tee I will do that... OR I will make it! Look at it this way it's a plain canvas all you have to do is paint it...with Beads!!!

Have fun making these! Happy beading and crocheting!!! 

Follow me  on: Facebook  Pinterest  Twitter  Instagram  Ravelry Online shop


No comments:

Post a Comment