Thursday, July 9, 2015

Crochet with thread

yolandascreations.storenvy.com
Awhile back I was venturing in creating things by using crocheting thread (Aunt Lydia's to be exact).  I will say that for me it was the hardest thing to work with because of how thin it is.  As I kept working on this challenge I did find out that it took a lot of practice for me to get used to working with a thin crochet hook.

Well I am happy to say that after several months of practicing I think I have the hang of it.

I made a couple of necklaces, earrings and bracelets and I have added some 6/0 seed beads ...which by the way are one of my favorites for jewelry making. 

So as I was saying, I started making the see cute sassy necklaces, earrings and bracelets in a variety of lengths and width.  I totally love layering with other jewelry pieces that are not in the same material.  I totally love these!

yolandascreations.storenvy.comNow for the necklace and bracelet I have used the embroidery or crochet thread or floss and for all of them I strung 60 to 100 of the seed beads, then I chain 3 and then bring up a bead and repeat this process til I get it to the length I want.  For the earrings I don't string the beads first I actually crochet the piece and then hand sew the beads on.

So as I said before, here is something that I now can add to my bag of need tricks of crocheting.
Enjoy these pics!


Follow me and my blog...help local small businesses make a difference.
 
Follow, Share, Like on: Facebook  Pinterest  Twitter  Instagram  Ravelry Online shop
 

No comments:

Post a Comment