Thursday, July 2, 2015

Crochet Clutch Purses

www.yolandascreations.storenvy.com
acrylic yarn (grey)
I tell you I love it when I put my mind to make something and it comes out fabulous!
I made these 3 clutch purses using Red Heart Super Saver yarn and Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice yarn.  The buttons I purchased online at Joann’s Fabric.
www.yolandascreations.storenvy.com
acrylic yarn (black)
The black one with the polka dot embellishment I did sew a lining and a zipper along with two black buttons.  The embellishment is from Jolee’s Boutique and the buttons are from AC Moore. 
The grey one I did line it with fabric as well and the button I purchased was from in Joann’s Fabric .
All of these beautiful creations I crocheted in the same stitch (1/2 double crochet) to give it a more tight look.  I kept doing this til I got it to the size of more or less a rectangle (you can keep crocheting til you get to whatever size you want you don’t have to make it a rectangle).  I would then fold it every once and awhile to just check to make sure I had it in the size I wanted and also to get an idea how much I wanted the front flap to cover or overlap.  I would then try to change the stitch a bit for the fold over part and of course where I was going to make my button holes.


www.yolandascreations.storenvy.com
acrylic yarn (olive)
I then cut the fabric to the length that I wanted to fit inside the clutch and iron it to make sure it wasn’t wrinkled when I sew it to the purse and I would sew the zipper via my sewing machine (this I just happen to look online via YouTube to get the ‘how to sew a zipper’).  Once I was done with the zipper being sewn I would then hand sew the fabric (that has the zipper attached already) to the clutch. 
I suggest to sew the fabric to the purse by hand only because (for me) There’s been too many times where I have sewn fabric to a crochet item directly on the machine and it has messed up my crochet item…so sew it by hand is what I suggest.  Also these can by hand washed. 

I always say make what you want and what you like and let your creative juices go to places you never thought you could go.  Enjoy making some today!


No comments:

Post a Comment