Monday, June 22, 2015

Crochet Hair Barrettes

www.yolandascreations.storenvy.comHere's something that you can put together if you are good with a hot glue gun or even sewing.  I have a bunch of crochet flowers that I just make randomly from my leftover stash of yarn.  I would say the 'expensive' piece would be the actual clips. I purchased mine at Michaels. They come in a packet of 20...so in the long run it's not that expensive you know? (I have a picture of the clip...it's on a silk flower - same concept though).

www.yolandascreations.storenvy.comAnyway, so depending on how long you want your barrette that's how you'd determine your flower size. You can also add bows if you want...I'm just making flowers for now. Some I have used a little dab of hot glue or I have sewn them on. I will say this much...I prefer to hot glue them. It can be a bit cumbersome trying to sew them on with the opening of the clip...but that's just me.
barrette clip

Now keep in mind also you can get very creative with these barrettes...add ribbon or even buttons to them to give them that unique look.

I feel that every last piece of yarn I have I want to make something pretty and creative and practical. So here's to more creative ideas with leftover yarn.

Have fun making these! Happy crocheting!!! 
Follow me  on: Facebook  Pinterest  Twitter  Instagram  Ravelry Online shop




No comments:

Post a Comment