Sunday, December 15, 2013

Yolanda’s Kitchen Creations...Blueberry Orange Muffins

I was home one day during a snow storm and wanted to make something warm and sweet.  So I figured let me bake!

So here is a recipe that I have had for more than 15 years.  I have always made this recipe even though I have at least 20 others for the same thing or close to it.  There is just something about making this recipe that I just enjoy…it takes me back to those days of reinventing my baking skills.

The recipe actually is for making 12 regular muffins but I of course wanted to make these in my jumbo size muffin tin.

Now with this recipe you can make it with just about anything you just have to remember to either decrease one thing or increase something else or add something totally not on the recipe.  Again, like I said I have had this recipe for 15 years if you saw my recipe sheet you would see all the writing on it from all of my ideas J.

I love to embellish all of my cooking and baking so try this recipe with possibly vanilla frosting drizzled on top (not too much just enough to give it that WOW look).

Ingredients
1 cup of skim milk
¼ cup of vegetable oil
1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
1 egg
2 cups of all-purpose flour
2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon McCormick ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon McCormick ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon of McCormick vanilla extract
½ teaspoon McCormick orange extract
½ teaspoon McCormick orange peel
1 box of Jell-O instant vanilla pudding
½ cup of brown sugar
½ cup of regular sugar

1.       Heat the oven 350F
2.       Spray the muffin tin with baking spray
3.       Beat milk, oil, egg, vanilla and orange
       extracts with a fork
4.       In another bowl mix all the dry ingredients
5.       Mix wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients
6.       Add blueberries and fold gently
7.       Pour batter into the tin
8.       Sprinkle brown/regular sugars on the top of each muffin
9.       Bake for 35-40 minutes (depending on your oven).  After 25 min check with a
       toothpick to see if they are almost done.
10.   Immediately remove when they are done and let them cool down.

Enjoy with a nice cup of coffee in the morning or a snack with milk in the evening!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment