Monday, November 25, 2013

Wine Glass Charms

I started to make wine glass/bottle charms when I saw similar ones at a very pricey store.  They honestly looked ok nothing fancy just wine glass charms.  So I just looked at them very carefully and said to myself I know I can make these and add more sparkly beads and charms.

I actually had a dear friend of my ask me to make some with orange and amber tones for a party she was having to fit her color scheme theme.  These are also great as a hostess gift.

This also allows you to know whose wine glass or bottle it belongs to.  A great way to give someone one of these is give them a set with a nice bottle of wine.

Materials:
  • 4 pairs of 3/4" earring hoops or larger (for the bottles)
  • Assorted  charms
  • 6.0 or 5.0 seed beads
  • 5x4mm jumprings
  • Chain nose plier
Instructions:
      ·         Add your jumprings to charms first get that out of the way first
      ·         Thread as many beads to get you thru almost ½ of hoop (I personally like to cover as
                much of the hoop as possible)
      ·         Then add your charm
      ·         Then thread more beads to finish
      ·         Use the chain nose plier to bend the wire up

I sometimes will add a tiny bit of jewelry glue like Beadalon Bead Fix it)  to the end of where I bend the wire to ensure the last bead doesn’t come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment