Thursday, November 21, 2013

Beaded Pens

beaded
letter opener
beaded pen
I discovered making these one day when I was looking up online for beads with a larger hole (because I didn’t want to keep using the bead reamer to make bigger holes on my beads).  So I ran across a website called Goody Beads.  This site had the best beads when it came down to larger hole beads. Anyway, in my search on this website for what else they had I came across their projects tabs for these beads and saw that they had beaded pens and wine stoppers and letter openers.  Well, I felt like a kid in a candy store (beads in this case right? J ).

I immediately was ‘wow to think you can actually make other things with beads not just necklaces!!’.  So I ordered the pen kit and letter opener kits along with some beads for this project plus what I wanted for the original project.

I could not wait to see these kits.  When I received it I immediate got to working on them and fell in love with them.  I showcased them at one of my vendor shows and people were loving them (and of course purchased or placed an order on some as well). I will say they do have a good weight to them.  The colors are beautiful (the pens) and when you add the beads to them it just add more pizazz to them. 
So needless to say, here are some of the ones I have made.  I totally feel that you can jazz these up or tone them down depending on what you want to make of them .  However, no matter how you twist and turn them they will always stand out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment