Monday, October 14, 2013

Crochet Pacifier Clips #2

cotton yarn, color yellow
 with blue crochet flower
My previous post I didn’t go much into detail on how I made these.  So on this post I will do my best to give you more or less an idea of how I made these.

I also wanted to mention that I think these are perfect little baby shower gifts.  I mean think about it …it something all new moms like to make sure they have secure with their babies to ensure they don’t lose their babies pacifier or have it get dirty by it falling on the floor.  So what better way than to get one or two of these! Attach it with the clip to their adorable outfit and no more dropping of pacifiers.
 


cotton yarn, color tea rose
 with yellow and white flower
These are all hand crochet by me and I used cotton yarn preferably but you can crochet it with acrylic yarn.  To me I used cotton yarn because I think it holds its shape better and it seems sturdier to me in holding its shape.

But I make these off of any type of yarn.  I purchase my clips from Amazon.com and/or JoAnn’s online.  I also sew cute appliques that I crochet (flower, little whale or fish).  You can even sew ribbons on these if you want. Be creative!


color hot pink cotton yarn sugar & creme
with yellow and white flower
 and pink applique

 
Here is how I made mine…please keep in mind I am not one that writes down my stitch patterns I just do things as I go:

Crochet 4 single crochet stitches

Turnover and single crochet in each stitch back and forth til you get the length you want (mine are about 8 inches long no including the loop)

Then crochet 22 single crochet stitches and connect it back to where you started and slip stich to close it and cut off the remainder of the yarn.

Once you are done you can pull the top of the crocheted loop of the pacifier clip and fold over and sew with the same yarn or use sewing thread to close it.

Decorate the top of the pacifier clip with an applique or decoration of choice (that complements the colors of your yarn).

To attach the pacifier to the crocheted loop, pull the loop through the pacifier ring and pull the opposite end of the pacifier clip around the ring and through the loop. Pull to tighten.

No comments:

Post a Comment