Monday, September 16, 2013

Crochet Boot Cuffs

Here is something that I saw in a store once and fell in love with it. But of course it was knitted and I can’t knit but I can crochet ! whohoo!!


crochet boot cuff
color: earth & sky
So of course I decided, as I always do with all of my creations, to crochet my version of boot cuffs. What a great idea ..again you can use left over yarn that will be enough to make a pair.

Measure your calf or part of it because if you don’t they will be too tight. 
crochet boot cuff
color: heather grey
So I crochet a simple single crochet til I get about 2 inches wide (this part you don't see it's covered inside the boot) and then I did a cluster crochet stitch (appx 18 rows of this) which is the part you see outside of the boot.  Both cuffs I used acrylic yarn from Red Heart of which I purchased at AC Moore.
These I truly love to make in solid colors or like this one you see here it's a combination colored yarn.  Again, I used leftover yarn that actually would give enough to make a pair and if not hey by all means use a new skein of yarn that is perfectly fine too.
You can make these as long as you want inside the boot (like a leg warmer) or short like I did. 
Enjoy making these and sharing them with friends for the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment