Monday, August 26, 2013

Kitchen Accesories...

I have a little story (as always) to say about these creations.  My mother made for me some trivets (shown) and I was like what are these for mom?  She explains it to me.  I was like oh these are so cute! Now remember my mom crochets like nobody’s business LOL.

crochet trivet
black and grey back side is black
crochet cotton dishcloths

Anyway, about 2 years later I had surgery (major) and was bed ridden for 3 months.  So knowing beforehand that I was going to have this surgery I stocked up on a lot of yarn…I know AC Moore was glad I did.  I was especially happy because I found all the Sugar and Crème cotton yarn on sale (a girls dreams next to buying shoes!).  I decided I was going to make a bunch of cotton coasters, dishcloths and pot holders.  Trust me when I tell you I made a bunch. 
I actually preferred them in cotton then acrylic yarn.  I even sewed buttons on the coasters (used my mom’s suggestion instead of beads I used buttons). 
crochet cotton
yellow/white coaster
crochet cotton blue swirl coaster
So here they are some of my mother’s creations and some of mine.  More to come stay tune.

Visit yolandascreations.storenvy.com for other creations made by me.


No comments:

Post a Comment