Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Earrings by me...

Now I can honestly say that a lot of earrings are inspired by what I like to wear and what will tell people ‘hey this is me’! You will see from all of my earrings that most are a bit on the conservative side but most importantly you can wear it dressy or casual.

As you can see, these earrings I had to crochet…I just had to!  See I needed to see if I could do it and to see how difficult it would be to crochet with leather.  I found it to be actually pretty easy believe it or not.  I started with nice thin leather and used one of my bigger crochet hooks in order to make it easier to crochet with.  Most of the time this type of leather cord I would only use in a necklace with a charm.  Well when I saw how pretty these turned out I was impressed with myself.  Because not only did I love them but it was definitely something I would wear. 
They are not heavy even though they may look it.  It’s a flower style sort of speak with silver plated hooks. They measure about 2 ½ wide.

The other earrings I made are funky and yet can be worn dressed up all dress down casual.  They are made with acrylic beads and silver plated hoops they also measure about the same 2 ½ in wide.  They do have a little bit of weight to them but nothing critical that I personally think would hurt your ears.  But for the most part they are just pretty.   I also love making chandelier earrings as well.  I can add a variety of beads to these yet I prefers for them to look dainty and gentle.  But then again it depends what mood I am in when making earrings on that day.
All of my materials I use to make my earrings I get from AC Moore or Michaels.  I have occasionally purchase some beads from Goody Beads because they had the beads with the larger holes for me to put inside the hoops.  Overall I am always happy with the outcome of all my earrings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment