Friday, July 5, 2013

What inspires me...

I tend to create my ideas off of something I see that inspires me to try to make for myself.  Funny thing is that once I do this for myself it's a great feeling when someone likes it and wants me to make it for them! NICE FEELING!!!

So here is what I crochet for myself ...it's so cute with a pair of jeans and cute t-shirt top (just saying!) - 1/2 cowl/shawl (measures appx. 44 1/2in L x 9inW)

This is done with a chunky taupe twist acrylic yarn.  You can see it's wrapped around the shoulders and it's being held by a shawl pin of which I purchased from Annie Catalog's.  

This is definitely machine washable but as I always say I am not big on the drier so I would suggest laying it out to dry on a drying rack.  
 
 
In this creation I crochet a kindle cover for a dear friend (she asked for one in a bright color - the bright green one shown).  When I realized how cute this one came out I ran with that idea and crocheted a bunch of them in different colors.  I love it when someone gives me a request and I find out for myself that I have it in me to make more!  Each are made with either cotton yarn or acrylic yarn and all come with a button or flower.  They are machine washable and measures appx 5in.W x 6in. L.  I even make these for Ipa's and phones.


No comments:

Post a Comment