Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Yolanda's Creations

My latest creation is this beautiful soft shawl that I crocheted recently...hope you like it.  The color of this yarn is called Honey a medium worsted yarn from Red Heart Soft Yarn.

The crochet stitch that I used was a single crochet (but you definitely can crochet it in whatever stitch you like).  I found this stitch to be flattering for me.  The picture you see here I wrapped it around and sort of tucked one end through.  You can wear this around where it can look like a cowl and use a shawl pin. 

I have made others in the similar style but different colors.  This particular one measures 52Lx14W.  It took about 5-6 skeins of yarn.

This particular shawl I would say not to machine dry.  You definitely can machine wash it in cold water and line dry or if you prefer the drier put it in for a very short period.


These earrings I had a great time making.  I used a hemp material that I would have normally just used for necklaces or bracelets - never thought hey I can crochet this and make them into earring.
I incorporated my jewelry making and crocheting skills on these.  LOVE them!

These measure 1 1/2in very light weight and the color is an olive green.  Stay tune for others that I have made.
Ever had your precious Ipad get dirty or scratch? Well I have a great solution to this! Check out my Ipad covers.  These as with anything I create love love love to make! Believe it or not this one here started off for my husband's Ipad and I ended changing it up and keeping it for myself.  I make these in a variety of colors.
This one shown is crochet with a SC stitch all the way around and I used Lily Sugar and Cream that I purchased from AC Moore cotton yarn and I added Velcro and some crochet tiny flowers and small black buttons.  I will soon post more in other colors soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment