Friday, July 26, 2013

Yolanda's Kitchen Creations...Dark Chocolate Espresso Cupcakes


Dark Chocolate Espresso Cupcakes...coffee and chocolate what a concept

Now let me just tell you something...these were just FABULOUS! Not only was it just the right amount of espresso but just the right amount of frosting. I actually used cream cheese frosting for this.  You wouldn't think that would go but it did.  To me it just made each component stand out.  The ingredients are pretty standard for chocolate cupcakes.

recipe makes 12 cupcakes

1 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 cup whole milk plus
                                             1/3 cup brewed espresso
                                             1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted (1 stick of butter)

Frosting: I used a tub of Duncan Hines Cream Cheese Frosting

 
Here’s what you do…

1.    Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

2.    Line 12 cupcake or muffin tins with paper liners or spray with nonstick spray – my fav is the spray with flour.

3.    I like to sift (if you don’t have one use a colander that works too) together my flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.

4.    In a bowl, mix together the egg, brown & white sugars. When you do this it should have a caramel color.

5.    Mix in the same bowl the milk, coffee, and melted butter.

6.    Then mix in the dry ingredients.

7.    Pour or spoon in the mixture evenly among the cupcake molds, filling them about three-quarters full.

8.    Bake for 15 minutes, or insert a toothpick in the middle of the cupcakes comes out clean.

9.    Cool for 10 minutes. Using a small spatula or a fork if I can’t find my spatula, remove the cupcakes from the pan. Continue to cool on a wire rack to room temperature.

10. Once all the cupcakes are cooled down frost your cupcakes.  I actually use a Wilton dessert decorator that I ordered from Amazon.com.  Let me tell you using this thing makes me look like a pro frosting anything.  You can get it at AC Moore as well or even Michaels (use their coupon it’s a great thing to use on one of these)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment