Saturday, July 13, 2013

baby hats

Hello my friends! Welcome back!

So just to keep you on your toes here is another one of my creations...OH BABY! yes baby hats.  I love making these.  I especially love it when someone asks someone that has one of my creations where did they get it and walla! it's from me.

This idea came from my husband's niece.  She requested for me to crochet a few hats for her girls for the holidays.  So when I started to make these and saw how cute they were I started to make several of them. 

I surprised myself because I was used to making only adult hats not children's.  Needless to say once I got the hang of it I started to make boy hats and baby hats in different colors and yarn textures.  The crochet hats I did my usual single crochet technique.  The peach color hat is made with cotton yarn from Lily Sugar and Cream and the white hat was made with Red Heart White acrylic yarn.  All of these are machine washable. 

I also knew that making them on a loom would be great and it would allow me to do it in a different stitch per say.  I love that gadget!!  I have the round and long loom kits. You can also learn how to use these online...that's what I did. :)

   

1 comment: