Monday, November 9, 2015

Holiday Ornaments...

Are you in the holiday spirit?  I am! I mean it’s that time of the year where everyone is happy for the most part.  I love it because you can wear so many accessories from boot cuffs to fingerless gloves to ear warmers.  Anything that I crochet I try to encompass the time of the year and for me it works.  Now outside of accessories for your wardrobe I have also made these adorable candy cane and wreaths (mini ones) for the holiday.

I actually would attach one or the other to a gift bag or box and give to someone with the ornament hook on it so that they would hang in on their tree…a lot of my friends and family members that this was so cute and thoughtful.
I used a lot of my leftover yarn for this.  Don't be afraid of using different colors it doesn't all have to be made in the traditional holiday colors.  I even made some in pink and blue because you just never know what colors people are using during the holidays and I purchased these fuzzy wire things that I got at the Dollar Store.  These things came in red, white, green and black.  So of course depending on the color I was crocheting (oh and by the way the stitch pattern is the corkscrew pattern…you can find this online) I would take one of these fuzzy wire things and cut it in half and wrap my cane or wreath around it.  Since the stitch pattern was in the corkscrew patter it makes it easier to wrap it around the wire. I would then use Tacky Glue to glue the ends together and crochet a bow.  I would glue the bow to the area where I had both ends meet together…this way you can see that part. I would even put a tiny pompom or bell to compliment it even more.
 
So trust me when I tell you if you are like me and like to bake for the holidays or give little trinkets as gifts make some of these and you will be surprised how people will react…it’s the thought that counts and I think I makes them giddy and makes me happy to see them get like this.

Follow, Share, Like on: Facebook  Pinterest  Twitter  Instagram  Ravelry Online shop

 

No comments:

Post a Comment