Thursday, August 27, 2015

Creative PaperClips

I enjoy crafting.  When I discovered that I could do more with paperclips then hold papers I was coming up with all sorts of ideas.

My favorite one is gluing crochet flowers on colorful paperclips.  You can use it to hold papers and even better yet you can use it as a bookmark.  I like making these as simple or as funky as possible.

I purchased my colorful paperclips from Staples.  They had all of these colorful vinyl-coated metal jumbo clips in these small 3x3 boxes at the check out counter (purple, orange, yellow) I just had to buy them.

So I basically take my pretty crochet flowers, cut a piece of felt (I purchased mine at AC Moore they measure about 9x12)to match the dimension of the flower, use my hot glue gun (or you can use craft flue), I glue the clip on top of the felt piece then glue the flower on top.  I put something heavy on it to ensure it glues all the way.

Once you are done you are ready to use your creative paper clip.  Use for your own personal self of hand them out as a little gift at your next craft show. 

Have fun making these even with buttons.  Use the same concept as the crochet flower. Who ever said a paperclip has to be boring! 

Follow me and my blog...help local small businesses make a difference.

Follow, Share, Like on: Facebook  Pinterest  Twitter  Instagram  Ravelry Online shop

No comments:

Post a Comment