Thursday, May 28, 2015

Antique Metal Necklaces

When I started making these I was mesmerized by some that I saw in a trendy store.  I said to myself wow these are so funky and can be worn with just about anything.  What I noticed was that they did look like they were made in a hurry there was nothing that made me want to buy them.  However, it did make me want to make some…but I didn’t have any of those metal chains at home. 

So one day I was going through my old jewelry box and came across some old metal necklaces that I used to wear (more like chokers) and came across a few long ones which were actually belly chains.   So I decided well I am not wearing these anymore and I loved the style of the antique metal so I started cutting it up and making it into a necklace.  I would sometimes combine more than one to make a longer necklace.

Needless to say I fell in love with the way it looked that I ventured to Michael’s and found a variety of metal chains and components (Later on it became what was called steampunk…or maybe it was always called that  and I just realized it after the fact LOL).

Most of my necklaces are long and some are short but most are long.  I like the way they make a business outfit look young and fresh and not so stuffy.

These are all fun pieces for me.  This is such a fun piece! To think the must for this creation was an old broken belly chain!?  I feel that all of my antique metal necklaces and bracelets are classic yet funky.  You can mix and match the styles of the chains and pendants to make whatever your heart desires.  Try making some today you will see how much fun you will have making them.

Details: Antiqued bronze colored metal , glass beads, measures 21in long.
 

Follow me and my blog...help local small businesses make a difference.

Follow, Share, Like on: Facebook  Pinterest  Twitter  Instagram  Ravelry Online shop

No comments:

Post a Comment