Monday, November 11, 2013

Yolanda's Kitchen Creations...Baked Rum Donuts

The holidays are around the corner and I have made for the holidays to give as one of my creations from my kitchen a Rum Loaf Cake.  I have always loved to make these and what’s more I love it when my friends or family members say it was delicious make more! LOL

So I have been tinkering with the idea of making rum cake but in a donut.  OMG what a great idea!  So here I decided to make some just to test how the rum would hold off on the donut.  So I just used a good ole plain donut recipe and just played around with the ingredients to see if the concept would work.

Now remember rum cake you pour the rum over the cake and let it soak (and you could pour it in the mix and let it bake as well).  My biggest concern is I don’t really know how the donuts will hold up with rum being poured over it J once you take it out of the oven and let them cool...you know? But hey I gave it a try…after baking the donuts (which is better for me than frying it) .
After sampling one I  feel it could use more rum in the frosting and in the donut.  But hey when I finally get it RIGHT I will post step by step on how I made these.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment