Monday, May 11, 2015

Accessories Accessories...

ribbon wrapped bangle
I have always loved to have one or two or more accessories …as long as it didn’t look tacky or way over the top.  You know accessorizing the right amount of everything.


fabric necklace multi color
When I started making jewelry it was all about the necklaces and earrings.  Then I ventured into making all sorts of bracelets from toggle to lobster clasp to bangles.  Then when I started to crochet (thanks for my mother) I started to crochet necklaces, bracelets and earrings and scarves to shawls – talk about accessorizing! 
Who would’ve thought right?  That you can make so much with so much...especially since I already had pretty much the basis.
 
faux pearl, wood and metal
toggle bracelet
crochet earwarmer/headband
fabric cover button ring
Well I also took the opportunity to utilize my sewing skills (again thanks to my mother) and would do as much as I could with fabric and the sewing machine.  Oh wait let’s not forget I also would get the essential items to do fabric covered rings.


silver plated hoop earrings
amber glass beads
I can honestly say from where I started almost 10 years ago to where I am today I just keep evolving and making more things time and time again. 

Sometimes I will take something I made a long time ago and restore it and renew it to give it a new life.  
crochet small hairband
with flower & button

So here are some of my past and present items from beads to yarn.  The wrapped bangle I used a bangle that I purchased from DIY Bangles and the yarn is from Lion Brand called Incredible, the fabric necklace I purchased the t-shirts from AC Moore to make these, the earwarmer this my mom crochet and sewed the crochet flower on to it with a button(she's so creative),  the toggle bracelet I purchased all of the materials from Michaels, the hoop earrings I purchased the hoops and beads from AC Moore, the fabric covered ring I purchased the ring base from Oriental Trading and the button covers from JoAnn's and last but not least the small hairband I crochet the flower from leftover yarn and used a hair band from the Dollar Store.
Follow me and my blog...help local small businesses make a difference.

Follow, Share, Like on: Facebook  Pinterest  Twitter  Instagram  Ravelry Online shop


No comments:

Post a Comment